Ladouceur Regains Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Point Lead...

Tous les communiqués en anglais
Répondre
stb

Ladouceur Regains Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Point Lead...

Message par stb »

Ladouceur Regains Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Point Lead After Strong Super DIRT Week Performance; One More Event Remaining in 2011
Craig Revelle – Finish Line Web Design
October 13, 2011

Going into Super DIRT Week XL at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York, Joey Ladouceur and his Pro Stock team arrived with a beautiful new paint scheme, and a fresh outlook on the remaining events of the 2011. The Pro Stock division first hit the track on Friday afternoon for practice and the had another practice session and time trials on Saturday afternoon before running the BACC-OFF 25 lap Pro Stock Championship event on Sunday.

Ladouceur was fast right from the beginning, setting the second fastest speed in opening practice. On Saturday, Ladouceur laid down another fast lap, and captured the Terrell’s Potato Chips Pole Award.

“I really didn’t think that lap would have been fast enough for the pole”, claims Ladouceur. “We did that first lap and I thought I kind of gave up a little too much, so when I came around for the second one I went harder. It’s a good thing the first lap was good enough to get the pole because I threw it away on the second one. I tried to stay lower trying to find something on the bottom and it just didn’t stick”.

For Ladouceur, this was his third Pole Award in the 10 years of attending this event at Syracuse. He won the fast time award back in 2003 and again in 2009. This year, Ladouceur was hoping to bring home his first career Syracuse win.

“This is my tenth time here for this race and I’ve never won the darn thing,” said Ladouceur, who has a best career finish in this race of third back in 2003 and 2004. “We have been fast, but we’ve blown tires and had all kinds of bad luck at this place.

In the 25 lap main event, Ladouceur held the lead until a lap six restart. Despite several attempts to get the lead back, he rode in second place, and then fall to third on a lap 17 restart. At the checkered flag, he finished in fourth place. Ladouceur entered the race 41 points out of the lead in the chase for the Pro Stock Mr. DIRTcar championship, but with problems during the race for the current point leader, Ladouceur was able to regain the top spot heading into the final race of the season.

That final race will take place this coming Friday night at the Brockville Ontario Speedway. Ladouceur will carry a 28 point lead into the race, and hopes to claim his first Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock championship since 2004.

“We have been really close to getting that second title over the past few years, but things just didn’t work out”, says Ladouceur. “Hopefully this year we can close the deal”.

Joey Ladouceur would like to thank all of the sponsors that have come on board for the 2011-racing season. Coffrage 20-20/Pompage 20-20, Fence Depot, Minimax Express, Glengarry Truck Centre, Au Vieux Duluth, Stinger X Chassis and Finish Line Web Design are all an integral part of the Ladouceur team and they look forward to sharing their success with all of you.

For more information on Joey Ladouceur, please check out our website, www.joey92.com.
Répondre