Sallows Calls Syracuse a Great Experience

Tous les communiqués en anglais
Répondre
stb

Sallows Calls Syracuse a Great Experience

Message par stb »

Sallows Calls Syracuse a Great Experience Despite Mechanical Issues that Eventually Kept them Out of the 30 Lap Championship Race
Craig Revelle – Finish Line Web Design

October 11, 2011

With over 60 cars registered for the Mr. DIRTcar Sportsman championship event at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, Dillon Sallows knew it was going to be tough. Making his first ever appearance at the ultra-fast mile long track can be intimidating to even the most experienced racer. The high speeds did not phase Sallows at all though, as he turned a fast lap that ranked seventh overall in the first practice session on Friday afternoon.

The excitement soon turned to disappointment for Sallows, as a miss in the engine developed, slowing him down considerably. Despite the issues, and several attempts to fix the problem Sallows went out and did his qualifying attempt for the DIRTcar Futures race, and for Saturday’s main event. Sallows posted the 48th fastest speed of the 64 competitors, and with only the top 24 being locked into the race in speed, he would have to try and race his way into the show on Saturday in the last chance race. In the Futures race, Sallows finished 17th.

After several hours of working on the car to resolve the miss in the engine, Sallows had the problem resolved going into Saturday. They had a long way to go in the last chance qualifier, with only three cars transferring to the main event. Sallows was unable to contend for a transfer spot, and would not make the 30 car field for the main event.

“It is disappointing for sure”, says Sallows. “We had fun though, and we learned a lot about racing here, and I hope we can make it back here again next year. I really have to thank my Dad, all of our sponsors, the crew and everyone that helped us this weekend”.

Sallows, who operates his race team with his parents, Dallas and Kim Sallows races under the banner on DKD Racing, the initials of each family member. In addition to the C & B Enterprises sponsorship for 2011, DKD Racing will also have an impressive list of sponsors that include Erin & Buggo, Shortall’s Sand & Gravel, Unity Savings, Pat Roger’s Towing, Alex McCoy Plumbing and Heating, The W.I.P.P. Restaurant, Hollingsworth Supply Services, Finish Line Web Design, Sign A Rama, and Megaly’s General Store.

For more information on Dillon Sallows and the DKD Racing team, please visit our website, www.dillonsallows.com.
Répondre