Tous les communiqués en anglais
Répondre
stb

Christine Martin Gets Top Ten Finish at Penn Can Speedway

Message par stb »

Christine Martin Gets Top Ten Finish at Penn Can Speedway
Craig Revelle – Finish Line Web Design
September 21, 2011

It has been a season filled with ups and downs for Christine Martin and her Wellesley Island, New York racing team. From the high of almost winning her first career feature, to the lows of being upside down on two successive occasions it has been a frustrating season for the 18 year old. This past weekend she raced the DIRTcar Sportsman Series race at Mohawk International Raceway, and made a rare start at Penn Can Speedway on Sunday.

Mohawk Raceway is one of Christine’s favorite tracks. While she doesn’t have a lot of experience there, she has enjoyed the track, the people and the immaculate facility that MIR provides. Martin qualified for the 50 lap main event through the consolation race, and started the feature from 26th place. The dry slick track conditions played havoc for several drivers, but Martin was able to advance her position to 21st at the checkered flag, and gained valuable experience on the slick conditions.

“It was tough out there with the track conditions, but we finished the race, the car is in one piece, and we learned a lot”, says Martin after the race. “I really enjoy racing here, and I look forward to coming back here again in the future.

On Sunday, Martin and the team traveled South down Interstate 81 to Penn Can Speedway, located just a few miles on the Interstate at the first Pennsylvania exit. Nearly 30 Sportsman cars were entered, and Martin qualified through her heat race, and started the main event from 16th. At the drop of the green flag, she got shuffled back to 19th, but found her groove early, and had a great run, driving through the field to finish in ninth place.

“We really needed that”, says Martin after the race. The last few weeks have been tough on all of us, so it feels great to have a good run like this here. The Martin family was all here with my Grandmother and Grandfather, Aunt Dee, Uncle Ron, Aunt Bev, and my Uncle Gary so it was nice to have a good run with all of them here. It was nice to see the family after the races as I miss them so much. I also want to thank my friend Cassidy Davis for coming with me to Mohawk and Penn Can this weekend and helping out on the pit crew”.

This coming week, the plans are still up in the air. The team may go to Brighton Speedway on Friday night for the next DIRTcar Sportsman Series race. The following Friday night they will be at Fulton Speedway for the annual Outlaw 200 weekend show, and then Super DIRT Week. The 2011 season will end on October 16th at Brockville Speedway.

“I am really enjoying our new 2011 Troyer car, it works great”, says Martin. “We just need to get a little more track time with it and get to the point where I trust the car, and we should be set”.

The Christine Martin Racing team would like to thank all of their sponsors for their support this season. They include American Traditions Motorsports, SUNY Canton, FABCO of Watertown and the Believe in Ben campaign. We look forward to sharing our success with all of you throughout the year.

More information on Christine Martin Racing can be found on Christine’s website, www.christinemartin81.com as well as the website of American Traditions Motorsports, www.americantraditionsmotorsports.com.
Répondre